Dr. Kavita Singh
PHONE NUMBER 033 - 2335 0500 (office)
SCHOOL OR CENTER: SCHOOL OF CRIMINAL JUSTICE AND
- Present Designation:
Associate Professor, West Bengal National
University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata
Dr. Kavita Singh has more than 11 years teaching
experience, before joining NUJS she has taught
at the Dept. of Law, University of North Bengal
and S.K. Acharaya Institute of Law, Kalyani
University as lecturer among other places. Her
research interests include Criminal Law,
Criminology & Victimology and Family Law
- Awarded Ph. D, University of North Bengal in
- National Eligibility Test, U.G.C N.E.T,
qualified December 2003.
- LL.M, University of North Bengal, 2001.
- LL.B, University of North Bengal, 1998.
- B.A (Law), University of North Bengal, 1995.
- N.O.S., Sacred Heart School, Kharagpur, 1992.
- I.C.S.E., St. Agnes Convent, Kharagpur, 1989.
PUBLICATIONS / CONFERENCE PRESENTATIONS / LECTURES / CONFERENCES
Under Graduate: Principles of Family Law,
Family Law II, Criminal Law I(Compulsory),
Criminology & Victimology (Optional), Military
Law(Optional), Direct Tax (Compulsory),
International Taxation (Optional)
Post Graduate: Criminal justice
Administration, Criminology & Victimology
RESEARCH WORK COMPLETED / CURRENTLY UNDERTAKEN
- Torture & Prevention of Corruption (ongoing research)
- Ph. D Thesis titled 'Anti - Terrorism Law and its Impact on Human Rights in India: A Critical Appraisal', 2005- 2008.
- Worked in research project on 'Prison Reform in India' assigned by Bureau of Police Research and Development, Government of India, as co-coordinator (2006-2007).
- LLM Dissertation titled, Custodial Violence
and Emerging Trend of Custody Jurisprudence in
- Worked on Human Rights Outreach Project, during 2001 - 2002, organized jointly with British Council, National Law School, Bangalore and University of Warwick, UK.
- Central Detective Training College, Government of India, Kolkata.
- Central Bureau of Investigation Training Center, Kolkata
- West Bengal Judicial Academy, Kolkata
- Swami Vivekananda State Police Academy, West Bengal, Barrackpore