Journals (Refereed/Peer reviewed/ Student edited)
- “Sports Law in India: Policy, Regulation and Commercialisation”, (co-edited with Lovely Dasgupta), Sage Publishers [ISBN: 978-93-528-0678-2]
- “Saving the News: Why the Constitution calls for Government Action to Preserve Freedom of Speech by Martha Minow (Book Review)”, Journal of Indian Law and Society 12(2) JILS 140 (2021) [ISSN: 2277-5552]
- “The Struggles of the Indian Constitution in the face of Autocratic Legalism: Constitutionalism at Crossroads?” (co-authored with Shouvik Kumar Guha), Federal Law Review (2022) [forthcoming]
- “Anti-Defection Law: Towards a Paradigm Shift?” Economic and Political Weekly, LVI (10) 21 (Mar 6, 2021) [ISSN (Print) – 0012-9976 | ISSN (Online) – 2349-8846]
- “Clearing the Decks for the Uniform Civil Code? An Evolutionary Analysis of the Supreme Court’s Engagement with Religious Freedoms”, Journal of the Indian Law Institute, 62(3) JILI 327 (2020) [ISSN: 0019-5731].
- “Tracing the Evolutionary Trend of Decency and Morality in India: A Comparative Analysis”, Indian Journal of Law and Justice, 11(1) IJLJ 1 (2020) [ISSN: 0976-3570]
- “Transformative Constitution and the Horizontality Approach: An Exploratory Study” [to be published] Indian Journal of Law and Justice (2019) [ISSN: 0976-3570]
- “Redeeming our Pledge: Where do we Stand?”,Youthink, Vol XIV (2019) at p. 45. [ISSN: 2347-6222].
- “Mightier Than The Sword: A Comparative Analysis of the Judicial Trend in the United States and India in Securing the Freedom of Speech and Expression”, International Journal of Legal Studies and Research, 5 e-IJLSR 1 (2016) [ISSN (O): 2278-4764].
- “Right to Free Speech and Censorship: A Jurisprudential Analysis”, Journal of Indian law Institute, 56 JILI 175 (2014) [ISSN: 0019-5731].
- “Draft National Telecom Policy, 2011: The Road Ahead”, Journal of Telecommunications and Broadcasting Law, 1 J. Telecomm. & Broadcasting L. (2012) 127 [ISSN: 2278-974X].
- “Copyright Exhaustion in India and the United States: A Comparative Critique”, (co-authored with Navajyoti Samanta), Journal of Intellectual Property Law & Practice, Oxford University Press, 2009 4(11):827-832 [Online ISSN 1747-1540; Print ISSN 1747-1532].
- “The WTO Agreement and the Right to Health: Conflict of Consensus? A Developing Country Perspective”, NUJS Law Review, 1 NUJS L. Rev. (2008) 225 [ISSN-L (Online): 0975 – 0207; ISSN (Print): 0975 – 0029].
Reports, Newspaper Articles, Online Publications etc.
- “Regulation and Management of Groundwater in West Bengal: Issues and Concerns” (co-authored with Sarfaraz Ahmed Khan) [upcoming]
- “Commercialisation of Sports and Indian Franchise Leagues” in Lovely Dasgupta and Shameek Sen (eds.), Sports Law in India: Policy, Regulation and Commercialisation (Sage Publishers, 2018) ISBN: 978-93-528-0678-2
- “Constitutional Aspects of Natural Resources” (co-authored with Tanvi Mani and NilanjanaMazumder) in P. Ishwara Bhat (ed.) Natural Resources Law – Concepts and Approaches (Eastern Book Company, 2016) ISBN 978-93-5145-388-8
- “A Critical Analysis of the Human Organ and Tissue Transplantation Law in India” (co-authored with Kirandeep Kaur) in Sandeepa Bhat (ed.), Reflections in Medical Law and Ethics, (Eastern Law House, 2015) ISBN 978-81-7177-298-8
- “Towards a More Efficacious and Sustainable Water Sharing Dispute Resolution Framework: A Comparative Analysis of the Indian and American Systems of Law and Practice”(co-authored with TilottamaRaychaudhuri)in P. Ishwara Bhat (ed.), Law governing Interstate and International Water Disputes, (Eastern Book Company, 2013) ISBN 978-93-502-8980-8
- “Trial by Media” (co-authored with NavajyotiSamanta)in S Ravi (ed.), Media Law: Emerging Contours (Amicus Law Books, 2009) ISBN 978-81-314-2525-1
- “Terrorism, National Security and Human Rights: Domestic Concerns and Global Responses” in Azizur Rahman Chowdhury (ed.), A Compendium of Human Rights (Atlantic Publishers, 2009) ISBN 978-81-269-1333-6
- “The Principle of Common Heritage of Mankind and the Outer Space: A Saga of Ambiguities and Ineffectiveness” in Sandeepa Bhat (ed.), Outer Space Laws: from Theory to Practice (ICFAI University Press, 2008) ISBN 978-81-314-2133-8
- “Proshnota Shudhu Hijab-er Noy” (Bengali) in Anandabazar Patrika, 28 March, 2022.
- “Adalot o Jaatiyo Nirapotta” (Bengali) in Anandabazar Patrika, 11 March, 2022.
- “Keno Naagorikder Moulik Odhikaartukuo Oshweekaar Korey Rashtro” (Bengali) in Anandabazar Patrika, 10 Jan, 2022.
- “Nijer Odhikaarer Seema Jaani Ki?” (Bengali) in Anandabazar Patrika, 20 Nov, 2021
- “Najordaarir Porer Dhaap” (Bengali) (co-authored with AgnidiptoTarafder) in Anandabazar Patrika, 27th May 2020.
- “Ayodhya Byatikrom Holo Keno?” (Bengali) in Anandabazar Patrika, 19 Nov 2019.
- “Kakey Boley Dolbirodhi Kaaj” (Bengali) in Anandabazar Patrika, 19 Aug, 2019.
- “Adalat o Bohu Manush” (Bengali) in Anandabazar Patrika, 13 Oct, 2018.
- “Adalat o Bharatiya Ganatantra” (Bengali) in Anandabazar Patrika, 1 June, 2018.
- “Facebook-key keno Daka-i Jay” (Bengali) in Anandabazar Patrika, 29 Mar, 2018.
- “Obhijukto mane-i Oporadhi?” (Bengali) in Anandabazar Patrika, 28 Feb, 2018.
- “Byakti-r Odhikar-i Prothom” (Bengali) in Anandabazar Patrika, 18 Jan, 2018.
- “Wolf in Sheep’s Clothing? An analysis of The AADHAAR (Targeted Delivery of Financial and Other Subsidies, Benefits and Services) Bill, 2016” (co-authored with Agnidipto Tarafder) in The Statesman, 24 Mar, 2015.
- “Legal Guidelines for Gender-Transition Services for the Trans-persons” submitted to Sappho for Equality (as part of project for developing surgical and legal protocols for conducting Sex Reassignment Surgery operations in India).
- “A Response to the Consultation Paper on Media Law” sent to the Law Commission of India, reported in the online media as “NUJS Kolkata’s Response to Law Commission’s Consultation Paper on Media Law (available online at http://www.lawctopus.com/nujs-kolkata-response-to-law-commissions-consultation-paper-on-media-law/)
- “A Marvel of an Academic Exercise: A Book Review of Facets of Media Law by Madhavi Goradia Divan” in The Statesman, 24 Nov, 2013.
- “Free to Sing?” in The Hoot, 04 Mar, 2010, (available online at http://www.thehoot.org/web/home/story.php?storyid=4376&mod=1&pg=1§ionId=22&valid=true.)
- Principal Investigator, Research Project sponsored by the WBNUJS, on “Identifying Media Malpractices and Suggesting Recommendations”, (2021-22)
- Coordinator, “Centre for Studies in Entertainment and Media Laws” at WBNUJS, (2019-present).
- Assistant Coordinator, “Sir Asutosh Mookerjee Chair on Law and Social Transformation in Bengal” at WBNUJS, (2015-2016).
- Co-investigator, Research Project sponsored by the West Bengal Judicial Academy, on “Urbanization and Environmental Protection”. (2014-2016).
- Delivered Invited Lecture on “Interplay between Constitutional Law and Administrative Law” at an International Conclave on Contemporary Issues in Administrative Law organized by the WBNUJS, Kolkata, 19th February, 2022.
- Presented paper titled “Constitutional Crisis, Autocratic Legalism and the Indian Constitution: Constitutionalism at Crossroads?” at an International Webinar organized by Australian National University and the National University of Singapore Centre for Asian Legal Studies Faculty of Law, 1st and 3rd December, 2020.
- Presented paper titled “The Horizontality Approach: Exploring the Scope for an Alternative Rights Enforcement Model for Asia” at the 17th International Conference organized by the Asian Law Institute (ASLI), New Delhi, 7th and 8th November, 2020.
- Participant at Editors’ Conclave themed “Pandemic and the Media: Media Virus & Vaccines for the Media” organized by Konrad Adeneur Stiftung (KAS) and CR Irani Foundation at The Amaya Resort, Kolkata, 9th-11th December, 2021. Panelist at a session titled “Going Viral in the Pandemic: Key Challenges for Journalism”, Moderated a session titled “Vaccines for the Media: Building a Newsroom’s Immunity” and another interactive session.
- Participant at Editors’ Conclave themed “Are Journalism and Nationalism Antithetical?” organized by Konrad Adeneur Stiftung (KAS) and CR Irani Foundation at Fortune Park Panchwati Resorts, Kolkata, 25th-27th November, 2019. Also moderated a session titled “Whose cause does the journalist serve?”, and another interactive session.
- Presented paper titled “Regulating Fake News: Quest for a Pan-Asia Model” at a conference organized by Asian Law Institute (ASLI), Singapore, 11th-12th June, 2019.
- Participant at Editors’ Conclave themed “Issues before the Media” organized by Konrad AdeneurStiftung (KAS) and CR Irani Foundation at Vedic Village, Kolkata, 23rd-25th November, 2018. Also moderated a session titled “Does the Institutional Framework need change?”, and another interactive session.
- Session Moderator on “Interplay between Sports and Media” at an international conference organized by the NUJS, Kolkata, 18th March, 2017. [Session Moderator].
- Participant at Editors’ Conclave themed “Is the Press Doing its Job?” organized by Konrad Adeneur Stiftung (KAS) and CR Irani Foundation at Vedic Village, Kolkata, 9th-11th December, 2016. Also moderated a session titled “The Issues of our Times: How does the Press Cover them?”, and another interactive session.
- Participant at Editors’ Conclave themed “Media: A Crisis of Credibility” organized by Konrad Adeneur Stiftung (KAS) and CR Irani Foundation at Vedic Village, Kolkata, 9th-11th December, 2015. Also moderated a session titled “The Media and Regulation”, and another interactive session.
Presented paper titled “Inter-state Water Sharing Disputes: Traditional Concerns, Modern Remedies”at the 14th International Conference organized by Asian Law Institute (ASLI), Kuala Lumpur, 29th-30th May, 2014.
- Presented Paper titled “Right to Free Speech and Censorship: A Theoretical Co-relation”at the 7th International Conference organized by the Asian Law Institute (ASLI), Kuala Lumpur, 2010.
- Panellist of a session titled “Media, National Security and Censorship” at an Online Panel Discussion organized by Dr. Ram Manohar Lohia National Law University (RMLNLU), Lucknow, 21st February, 2022.
- Delivered Lecture titled “Defects with the Anti-Defection Law in India” at a National Webinar organized by National Law University Jodhpur, 8th January, 2022.
- Panellist of a session titled “Arts and Limits to the Freedom of Expression: When does Art Cross the Line?” at a Webinar organized by Kri Foundation, Artsforward and Sruti Performing Troupe, 24th July, 2021.
- Delivered Lecture titled “Regulatory Paradigms under the National Education Policy: Issues and Perspectives” at a National Webinar organized by SPC Government College, Ajmer, 3rd September, 2020.
- Delivered a talk as a panellist on “Changing Dimensions of Federalism and the Constitution” at a two day Conclave organized by the WBNUJS, Kolkata, 2nd February, 2020.
- Presented paper titled “UCC and a Pluralist India: Through the Lens of the ERP Jurisprudence” at a National Seminar organized by Symbiosis Law School, Hyderabad, 18th and 19th January, 2020.
- Presented paper titled “Tracing the Evolutionary Trend of Decency and Morality in India: A Comparative Analysis” at a National Conclave organized by North Bengal University, Siliguri, 30th November and 1st December, 2019.
- Participated in National Conference titled “Law and Legal Institutions in Contemporary India” organized by Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad at Delhi, 23rd November, 2019.
- Delivered lecture on “Right to Free Speech and Censorship” at the 69th UGC Orientation Programme organised by HRDC, Jadavpur University, 24th July, 2018.
- Panelist at a session on “Rethinking Socially Relevant Legal Education: Best Practices and a Way Forward” at a seminar organized by National Law University, Odisha, Cuttack, 16th and 17th September, 2017.
- Participant at a national seminar and made presentation on “Law Schools and Legal Aid: Sharing the Experiences of the NUJS Legal Aid Society” organized by the National Legal Services Authority (NALSA), New Delhi, 30th July, 2017.
- Delivered a lecture titled “Right to Freedom of Speech and Expression: A Study of its Legal and Constitutional Contours” at a national seminar organized by Assam University, Silchar, 17th to 18th November, 2016.
- Delivered a lecture titled “Obscenity, Internet and Social Networking Sites” at a national workshop organized by IIIM, Kolkata, 27th and 28th September, 2016.
- Delivered a lecture titled “Ambedkar and the Indian Constitution” at a national seminar organized by JIS University, Kolkata, 15th January, 2016.
Delivered a lecture titled “Societies, Cultures and Constitutions: An Explorative Journey into the Cohesive Nature of the Indian Constitution” at a seminar organized by the National Library, Kolkata, 26th November, 2015.
- Presented paper titled “Religion and the Indian Constitution” at a National conference organized by the Bishop’s College, Kolkata, 16th October, 2014.
- Presented paper titled “Re-examining the Contours of the Private and the Public: Some views on Celebrity Right to Privacy in light of ‘Newsworthiness’ Justifications” at National Conference organized by NUJS Law Review, Kolkata, 21st September, 2013.
- Presented paper titled “Right to Free Speech and Censorship: Questions of Power and Hegemony in a Pluralist World” at a National Seminar on Media Laws organized by the Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University (RMLNLU), Lucknow, 2012.
- Presented paper titled “Towards a More Efficacious and Sustainable Water Sharing Dispute Resolution Framework: A Comparative Analysis of the Indian and American Systems of Law and Practice” at a UGC-sponsored National Seminar on Inter-State and International Water Disputes organized by The WBNUJS, Kolkata, 2012.
- Constitutional Law
- Entertainment and Media Law