A wide spectrum business lawyer with over fifteen years of professional experience, Mr. Bhattacharya dons multiple hats.
Mr. Bhattacharya is presently national Partner with HSA Advocates and is part of the Firm’s Corporate & Commercial practice group. Based primarily in Mumbai, he heads the Firm’s practice for its Kolkata Office as well. He also anchors key domestic and international initiatives for the Firm. He specialises in Corporate Laws with greater focus on private M&A, joint ventures, cross border transactions, private fund/venture capital investments, asset and business sales, corporate restructuring, commercial contracts, compliance and strategic advisory.
His experience spans across diverse sectors (both traditional and new age) such as Manufacturing & Industrials, Consumer & E-Commerce, Education, Electric Mobility, Pharma & Healthcare, Power & Energy, among others. He has led large and complex transactions involving prominent business houses and conglomerates, as well as handled mid- market matters and deals in the SME/start-up space.
Mr. Bhattacharya is interested in governance and operation related aspects of businesses. He also has active interest in mentoring budding lawyers.
Prior to joining HSA Advocates, Mr. Bhattacharya was with Cyril Amarchand Mangaldas for nearly fourteen years, including close to four years as Partner.
• Acting for a leading energy producer in the divestiture of its Renewables portfolio
• Acting for a leading domestic PET manufacturer in its fund raise
• Acted for Greaves Cotton in its acquisition of Bestway Agencies
• Acted for Greaves Cotton in its investment into MLR Auto
• Acted for Blanc & Fischer in exit from its Indian joint venture
• Acted for CE Capital Partners in its acquisition of an Indian supply aggregating company
• Acted for a leading shared e-mobility player in setting up its India passenger transport business
• Acted for Siemens in its acquisition of C&S Electric
• Acted for FDC Limited in its acquisition of “Enteroplus” and related assets from GSK Pharma
• Acted for Adani Transmission in its acquisition of Reliance Infrastructure’s Mumbai Power Division
• Acted for Adani Transmission in its acquisition of Reliance Infrastructure’s Gujarat and Maharashtra transmission assets
• Acted for Tomorrow Capital in relation to follow-on investment into ‘Generico’ pharma retail business