Saurya specializes in domestic and cross border corporate matters, with special focus on M&A, joint ventures, investments/fund raise, asset and business sale, commercial contracts, corporate compliance and strategic advisory.
As a wide spectrum business lawyer with sixteen years of market-recognized experience, he has led large and complex transactions, as well as handled mid-market matters and deals in the SME/start up space. His clients have included prominent Indian business houses/conglomerates, listed entities, prominent multinational companies and investors. He takes an active interest in strategic and operational aspects of businesses, and their potential legal impact. Saurya is recognized as “Notable Practitioner” for Corporate/M&A in India by IFLR-1000 for 2020, 2021, 2022; and his deals have also been awarded/recognized. Before joining JSA, Saurya has been Partner with Cyril Amarchand Mangaldas as well as national Partner & Head of Kolkata Office, with HSA Advocates.
• Acted for Greaves Cotton in its acquisition of Excel Controlinkage Private Limited
• Acted for Mytrah Energy in the divestiture of its Renewables portfolio
• Acted for India divestments of a global professional services group
• Acted for Greaves Cotton in its acquisition of Bestway Agencies
• Acted for Greaves Cotton in its investment into MLR Auto
• Acted for Blanc & Fischer in exit from its Indian joint venture
• Acted for CE Capital Partners in its acquisition of an Indian supply aggregating company
• Acted for a leading shared e-mobility player in setting up its India passenger transport business
• Acted for Siemens in its acquisition of C&S Electric
• Acted for FDC Limited in its acquisition of “Enteroplus” and related assets from GSK Pharma
• Acted for Adani Transmission in its acquisition of Reliance Infrastructure’s Mumbai Power Division
• Acted for Adani Transmission in its acquisition of Reliance Infrastructure’s Gujarat and Maharashtra transmission assets
• Acted for Tomorrow Capital in relation to follow-on investment into ‘Generico’ pharma retail business